Facilitator, Consultant and Coach.
Elsa Henderson is a facilitator, coach and educator based in Portland, Oregon. Her expertise lies in conflict facilitation and training development. She is a diplomate of Process Oriented Psychology and loves the predictable and unpredictable ways of people. Passionate about meeting the challenges of our current times, Elsa focuses on uncovering the emerging dynamics in individuals and groups, mapping complexity and deepening collaboration.
Elsa works internationally, teaching at the post-graduate level and facilitating in corporate and non-profit organizations. She specializes in complex change, emergent process and transformational work. Elsa has a passion for systems thinking and leveraging the potential embedded within tensions toward momentum and sustained impact.
Elsa is a partner with Turning Forward, "an international network partner organization, providing facilitation, personal and professional development and coaching for leaders, teams and people-oriented organizations based on our ability to accompany complex transformations, in order to support your power to live your dreams."
"I have lived and worked in cross-cultural communities, eco-villages and educational contexts such as Findhorn Ecovillage in Scotland and Sacha Mama in Lamas Peru. My experience spans from leading trainings in care provider organizations such as Transition Projects and Camphill, facilitating meetings and organizational change processes with local cooperative businesses, and cross-cultural organizations such as the Cyprus Friendship program.
Along my journey, I have discovered that each individual, as well as each team, holds a field of potential, innate direction, and path toward development. Tapping into and unfolding this intrinsic direction is my passion. This unfolding is unique and multi-leveled, often arising at the fringes of our awareness. Bringing information arising at the fringes into the center, broadens collective awareness, enhances creativity, and enriches the culture of individuals and groups. Increasing awareness expands our capacity to flow with challenges, find meaning in difficulty, and embrace and live our full potential.
My Focus: I support individuals, groups and teams to increase their impact, through clear communication and deepening of relationships. I specialize in, communication, conflict facilitation, visioning, and leadership development.
Education and Further Training
- MA and Diplomate in Process-Oriented Psychology, from the Process Work Institute in Portland, Oregon
- ICF Certified Coach
- Process-Oriented Coaching and Facilitation, with the Deep Democracy Institute, Europe & US
- BA in Anthropology, from Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts
- Certified Grundkraft Facilitator, from Grundkraft, Zurich, Switzerland
- “Train the trainer” certification through Leaders Empowered, Barcelona, Spain
- “Mysterium Training for Helping Professionals” with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, focusing on analytical techniques that can be integrated into any form of healing, including developmental, depth, analytical, cognitive, and the expressive art therapies