Facilitator, Consultant and Coach
Catalyst Coaching is a Portland-based coaching service rooted in the Process-Oriented methodologies, and the work of life coach, Elsa Henderson. Ms. Henderson is a certified life coach, facilitator, and consultant, with a background in Process-Oriented, Depth Psychology, and Anthropology. She has completed multiple trainings in mediation, conflict facilitation, and cross-cultural dialogue. She is a certified Grundkraft Facilitator and Diplomate of Process Oriented Psychology. Her experience in NLP, communications theory, non-linear dynamics, along with her studies through the Deep Democracy Institute, and Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, further contribute to her breadth of knowledge. She works internationally as a coach, facilitator, teacher, trainer, and consultant.
Ms. Henderson is a partner with Turning Forward, "an international network partner organization, providing facilitation, personal and professional development and coaching for leaders, teams and people-oriented organizations based on our ability to accompany complex transformations, in order to support your power to live your dreams."
"I have lived and worked in cross-cultural communities, eco-villages and educational contexts such as Findhorn Ecovillage in Scotland and Sacha Mama in Lamas Peru. My experience spans from leading trainings in care provider organizations such as Transition Projects and Camphill, facilitating meetings and organizational change processes with local cooperative businesses, and cross-cultural organizations such as the Cyprus Friendship program.
Along my journey, I have discovered that each individual, as well as each team, holds a field of potential, innate direction, and path toward development. Tapping into and unfolding this intrinsic direction is my passion. This unfolding is unique and multi-leveled, often arising at the fringes of our awareness. I have found that bringing information that is at the edges into view broadens the collective awareness, deepens interactions, enhances creativity, and enriches the culture of individuals and groups. Increasing awareness expands our capacity to flow with challenges, find meaning in difficulty, and embrace and live our full potential.
My Focus: I support individuals, groups and teams to increase their impact, clear communication, strengthen relationships. I specialize in, communication, conflict facilitation, visioning, and leadership development. I work locally, and internationally as a coach, facilitator, and consultant, and am based in Portland, Oregon, USA."
Education and Further Training
- MA and Diplomate in Process-Oriented Psychology, from the Process Work Institute in Portland, Oregon
- Process-Oriented Coaching and Facilitation, with the Deep Democracy Institute, Europe & USA
- BA in Anthropology, from Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts
- Certified Grundkraft Facilitator, from Grundkraft, Zurich, Switzerland
- “Train the trainer” certification through Leaders Empowered, Barcelona, Spain
- “Mysterium Training for Helping Professionals” with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, focusing on analytical techniques that can be integrated into any form of healing, including developmental, depth, analytical, cognitive, and the expressive art therapies